Looking for a quick, affordable weeknight meal that your family will enjoy? Take the classic flavors of fried rice and improve the nutrition stats by using Farm to Family by Butterball ground turkey, brown rice, and frozen vegetables. This recipe is great for a crowd too, because by using voluminous foods like brown rice and vegetables and affordable lean proteins like ground turkey and egg you are making a massive meal that won’t cost a ton!
As I’ve said before I like the Farm to Family by Butterball line because they are raised without antibiotics and 100% hormone and steroid free in accordance with USDA regulations.
Recipe: Ground Turkey Fried Rice
- 1 package Farm To Family by Butterball Ground Turkey
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wisk eggs in small bowl. Set aside.
- Season ground turkey with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in large skillet on medium heat. Brown turkey and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil and add the garlic, frozen vegetables, snow peas, and green onions. Stir-fry until tender about 2 minutes.
- Push vegetables to the side of the skillet then add the egg and the final 1-teaspoon of oil to the middle of the pan. Scramble egg.
- Add the ground turkey, brown rice, and soy sauce. Toss well to combine.